Would you like to have a go at folding some of my tessellations? I have made some PDF files of the creases of some of my favourites. Just download and print the files. Then cut out and fold the crease pattern. Click on the thumbnail to get the PDF file. I have not used standard origami notation for these models. To fold them successfully I suggest the following method.
- Photocopy the pattern onto a transparent or thin paper.
- Fold the pattern on a flat surface.
- Fold ALL the thin lines as valley folds. Then turn the the paper over and fold ALL the thick lines as valley folds (These thick lines might be visible through non-transparent paper).
- Gently include all the creases you have made, this makes parts of the model twist.
- Be patient.
- Flatten the model completely and hold up to the light to see the final pattern.
Here are some more tessellation diagrams. They have been generated literally randomly so noone has ever tried to fold them up! They may work, they may not. That is part of the fun of origami tessellations.